What to Wear/Expect
What to Wear:
What to Expect:
- Any Clothing that is close fitting (i.e. won't fall down over the head if child is upside down) to the body and allows full mobility. Some examples: Tights, Shorts, Sweat Pants, Tank Tops, T-Shirts, Yoga Wear, Swim suits, Dance Leotards, Gymnastics Leotards
- Gymnastics is done in bare feet. No socks are allowed (except on Caregivers/Support Staff). Gymnastics slippers are allowed but should be approved by office staff to ensure they are safe (have grip).
- If hair is long, be sure to have it tied up in a ponytail or braid.
- Please bring a tote bag with the following:
A water bottle as our water fountain is out of service.
A mask to be worn in the lobby/washroom/transitions and shared spaces. (Mask can be removed once in the gym, please provide a baggie to store the mask)
- If playing in the playground before class, be sure to wash both hands and feet before entering the gym.
What to Expect:
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your class starts.
- When you arrive, please wait outside until a staff member completes a symptom check (or Proof of Vaccination validation for anyone 18+ participating and 12+ in the lobby). As we are a membership, you will only have to provide your Proof of Vaccination once. We will keep record of the validations on file.
- Please place your shoes/coats on the designated shoe racks in the lobby.
- Wash your hands or use provided hand sanitizer.
- Please wait in the lobby on your designated line with your child until an instructor comes out to call the group in. On the first day they will both call the group by the Class Title (Eg. Busy Bees at 10:15) and for our Recreational Groups ages 4+, by individual names. Please know the Class Title of your Child's Class to avoid confusion on the first day. This information can be found on your invoice and under your online profile.
NOTE: There is no need to check in with the office, unless you are required to make payment or sign the waiver.
- Parents/Caregivers who wish to watch the classes from the lobby viewing area must call the gym in advance to book a spectator seat. Any spectators ages 12+ are required to provide Proof of Vaccination. Parents/Caregivers are not allowed on the floor under any circumstances unless they are participating in our Caregiver & Tot programming or acting as Support Staff for a child with special needs.
- If you would like to speak to your child or pull your child from class early, please ask the office staff to bring your child into the lobby. Any parent who opens the door and shouts into the gym is distracting other classes putting athletes in danger and in violation of TBGA's safety agreement with Gymnastics Ontario.
- At the End of Class, Athletes will be brought to the exit by their coaches. Athletes will only be dismissed if their parent is visible at the door. Otherwise, athletes will be moved to the office to wait for their family members to pick them up.