What to Wear/Expect
What to Wear:
What to Expect:
- Any Clothing that is close fitting (i.e. won't fall down over the head if child is upside down) to the body and allows full mobility. Some examples: Tights, Shorts, Sweat Pants, Tank Tops, T-Shirts, Yoga Wear, Swim suits, Dance Leotards, Gymnastics Leotards
- Gymnastics is done in bare feet. No socks are allowed (except on Caregivers/Support Staff). Gymnastics slippers are allowed but should be approved by office staff to ensure they are safe (have grip).
- If hair is long, be sure to have it tied up in a ponytail or braid.
- There is a water fountain available in the back of the gym however, we recommend that athletes bring in their own water bottle. Any water bottles left unclaimed at our facility for 30 days will be donated. We donate at the end of every Month.
- If playing in the playground before class, be sure to wash both hands and feet before entering the gym.
What to Expect:
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your class starts.
- When you arrive, please place your shoes in the shoe racks/cubbies in the lobby.
- Coats and bags can be hung on the hooks in the Coat Room.
- Please wait in the lobby with your child until an instructor comes out to call the group in. On the first day they will both call the group by the Class Title (Eg. Busy Bees at 10:15) and for our Recreational Groups ages 4+, by individual names. Please know the Class Title of your Child's Class to avoid confusion on the first day. This information can be found on your invoice and under your online profile.
NOTE: There is no need to check in with the office, unless you are required to make payment or sign the waiver.
- Parents/Caregivers may watch the classes from the lobby viewing areas only. Parents/Caregivers are not allowed on the floor under any circumstances unless they are participating in our Caregiver & Tot programming or acting as Support Staff for a child with special needs.
- If you would like to speak to your child or pull your child from class early, please ask the office staff to bring your child into the lobby. Any parent who opens the door and shouts into the gym is distracting other classes putting athletes in danger and in violation of TBGA's safety agreement with Gymnastics Ontario.
- At the End of Class, Athletes will be brought to the exit by their coaches.